Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please look at this pendant light

Posted by megs2 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 28, 10 at 13:49

Hi...I have never posted anything and hope I do this right. I am enclosing a picture of a pendant light I just purchased.It was found in a garage of a very old man on the Eastern Shore.Nobody has ever appraised it as far as I know. The man's daughter had no idea of its worth when she sold it to me.I do not know why I just had to buy it, because I don't need it.It just looks so old! Does anyone know anything about it's value or how old it is? It is a pendant light which works.I guess it was rewired.It has an iridesent type of glass, and green jewels which feel like glass( not plastic). It has what looks like gold gilt paint. It is about 2 feet tall, 13 inches wide. The glass is hard to explain. It is white but looks sort of like a pearl.Please see the enclosed link to my photobucket. Thank you very much in advance.
BTW I gave $75.00 for it.I probably got taken.

Here is a link that might be useful: my picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please look at this pendant light

It may be a "show globe" popular window dressing for pharmacies. it's rare to see a white glass one, they were usually clear and filled with colored liquid.

http://www.drugstoremuseum.com/sections/level_info2.php?level_id=5&level=1

It might also have been a light from one of the many oriental or Turkish themed movie theaters 1900-1950. It definitely has an "I belong in a Turkish palace" look to it.

o

I looked. I have nothing useful to say. That's an odd one.

I think I would have bought it too.

o

Thank you both for responding.I was hoping I had happened across something very rare & valuable.Oh well...I'll let it go on Craigslist. Thanks again!

o

I think you should decorate around it!

Can you find any manufacturer marks on it? UL stickers, anything?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here