Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hollohaza porcelain violin - is it rare?

Posted by zack14smithy (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 17, 10 at 13:48

I was looking for some Herend porcelain, when I stumbled on this Hollohaza porcelain violin by the famous Hungarian artist Szasz Endre:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220670675551&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

It is gorgeous, and I am seriously considering buying it.

What I want to know, is Hollohaza porcelain as good at holding it's value as Herend porcelain?

Also, there is some history in the listing, but does anyone know if this is really as rare as it seems to be?

Here is a link that might be useful: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220670675551&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hollohaza porcelain violin - is it rare?

Anything mass-produced isn't as valuable as people like to think. Google around and see what prices you find.

Do you really like this?

o

"Anything mass-produced isn't as valuable as people like to think"
But many things are!! this is not a piece of Lladro.
I suggest you google around and check the prices on Herend dishes...not figurines in limited edition but dishes meant to serve food.
It's very lovely, the decoration is exquisite.
But I do suspect the poster is also the seller trying to call attention to his listing.

o

Good catch, Linda!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here