Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cehh

XP: John Vogler Group Furntiture company?

cehh
17 years ago

Does anyone know anything about the John Vogler Group Furntiture company? I have a solid cherry drop leaf dining table that is stamped with that name. I can't find anything on google. I also have the china hutch and 5 chairs.

Comments (8)

• lazy_gardens
    17 years ago

Can you post a link to pictures?

"John Vogler" or Vogle was a famous North Carolinan ... it may have been made as a copy of something from the Vogler house.

• cehh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have no idea how to post pictures. I just have them on my computer, not on any website.

• pinkysbliss73
    16 years ago

I have a China Cabinet(I took the little wire decrotive things out of the glass windows in hutch, still have them, just did not like the look), Dresser,two night Stands and a large mirror that are made by this same company. I recently took photos to an antique shop and was told (even though I have a original tag off the furniture) that its to modern to be that old??? I'm lost on this, this furniture is in awesome shape, so I feel as though she thought I was lieing. How do I find more information on this company? Here's a photo of the Hutch, will add photo of tag soon.

{{gwi:1390732}}

Thanks
    "TR"

• pinkysbliss73
    16 years ago

Ok took a pic of the tag, mirror, messy messy dresser and night stand (no laughing, we are in the middle of packing to move...hehe)..anyway hope these photos help.

{{gwi:1390733}}

{{gwi:1390734}}

{{gwi:1390735}}

"TR"

• lindac
    16 years ago

Not sure what you are asking....you have furniture that looks like late 1960's or early 1970's furniture. The tag is one of those old IBM punch cards....the forerunner of our modern computer. There is no date on that card but the year the factory was established.
    Linda C

• tompkinsmargaret1986_gmail_com
    13 years ago

i recently bought a dining room table and on the bottom it is stamped the john vogler group no.9551 trestle table and was trying to find out a price range on it to see what kind of deal i got on it and would love to know some of the history behind it!

• Greenbarmom
    last year
    last modified: last year

Unique Furniture Maker evolved from Spach Wagon Works. They made simple dinette sets starting in 1922, and eventually made some quite well made reproduction pieces. John Vogler was a well known citizen of Salem, NC, and his home and history are preserved in the Moravian restoration Old Salem in Winston-Salem, NC. A postwar Unique designer, a Spach, designed a line of historic reproduction style pieces, inspired by Old Salem.