Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
XP: John Vogler Group Furntiture company?

Posted by cehh (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 29, 06 at 13:31

Does anyone know anything about the John Vogler Group Furntiture company? I have a solid cherry drop leaf dining table that is stamped with that name. I can't find anything on google. I also have the china hutch and 5 chairs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: XP: John Vogler Group Furntiture company?

Can you post a link to pictures?

"John Vogler" or Vogle was a famous North Carolinan ... it may have been made as a copy of something from the Vogler house.

o

I have no idea how to post pictures. I just have them on my computer, not on any website.

o

I, too, have some furniture from the John Vogler Group. The makers of the suite were known as "Unique Furniture Makers" of Winston-Salem, NC.
As near as I can tell, our hutch, buffet, and table and chairs were delivered to my wife's grandparents house in West Simsbury, CT in the late 1950s or early 1960s.
The Unique Furniture Makers went out of business in the 1970s (according to some websites). John Vogler was apparently a famous North Carolinian from the early days of the US.

o

I have a China Cabinet(I took the little wire decrotive things out of the glass windows in hutch, still have them, just did not like the look), Dresser,two night Stands and a large mirror that are made by this same company. I recently took photos to an antique shop and was told (even though I have a original tag off the furniture) that its to modern to be that old??? I'm lost on this, this furniture is in awesome shape, so I feel as though she thought I was lieing. How do I find more information on this company? Here's a photo of the Hutch, will add photo of tag soon.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanks
"TR"

o
RE: More photo's of the furnituer I have from this company...

Ok took a pic of the tag, mirror, messy messy dresser and night stand (no laughing, we are in the middle of packing to move...hehe)..anyway hope these photos help.

"TR"

o

Not sure what you are asking....you have furniture that looks like late 1960's or early 1970's furniture. The tag is one of those old IBM punch cards....the forerunner of our modern computer. There is no date on that card but the year the factory was established.
Linda C

o

i recently bought a dining room table and on the bottom it is stamped the john vogler group no.9551 trestle table and was trying to find out a price range on it to see what kind of deal i got on it and would love to know some of the history behind it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here