Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

Cordey French Lace Porcelain Figurines

rjinga
13 years ago

someone brought these into the antique mall yesterday to sell them, I bought them, and of course, no one was around there who really knew anything about them.

Some ebay searches yeilded a varied response price wise and of course, I did not see this particular set. Mainly busts.

They are in really good condition. the male figures hand has one repair, and the other a missing finger, that is partly hidden by the lace of his blouse.

No apparent dings or boo boos on the female figure. I was able to determine (not sure if accurate) that thse are French, circa 1940's? and after finding other descriptions, these appear also to be real lace covered in porcelain,

I'd love to know more about them and if at all possible to find some price range for resale value.

They are both numbered and one of them is more clearly signed than the other, as it has been worn off slightly. The one with pencil 4137 also has it engraved in, just harder to see it.

I put a price tag on them mainly to discourage anyone from buying them, til I could figure out there true value.

thanks for looking

{{gwi:1390669}}

{{gwi:1390670}}

Comments (5)