Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cordey French Lace Porcelain Figurines

Posted by rjinga (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 22, 10 at 13:00

someone brought these into the antique mall yesterday to sell them, I bought them, and of course, no one was around there who really knew anything about them.

Some ebay searches yeilded a varied response price wise and of course, I did not see this particular set. Mainly busts.

They are in really good condition. the male figures hand has one repair, and the other a missing finger, that is partly hidden by the lace of his blouse.

No apparent dings or boo boos on the female figure. I was able to determine (not sure if accurate) that thse are French, circa 1940's? and after finding other descriptions, these appear also to be real lace covered in porcelain,

I'd love to know more about them and if at all possible to find some price range for resale value.

They are both numbered and one of them is more clearly signed than the other, as it has been worn off slightly. The one with pencil 4137 also has it engraved in, just harder to see it.

I put a price tag on them mainly to discourage anyone from buying them, til I could figure out there true value.

thanks for looking

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cordey French Lace Porcelain Figurines

Cordey was made in Trenton New Jersey by the Cybis company...I think Cybis..Cordey was known for that lace technique. They took real lace and dipped it into s liquid porcelain and fired....don't know how they kept the lace from burning....
I think you could easily ask $200 for the pair...perhaps more. But I don't think you'll get it...unless a serious collector comes in.

o

I'm also considering listing them on ebay, which would be a more likely place for a serious collector to find them. How ever would I go about determining their value? I realize they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. But I'd want to at least start at a price that would be in line.

o

I'd leave them in your shop if I were you....consider them window dressing...sort of "class up the place" and if someone buys them for $200....great! if not after a few months or a year....then go to eBay.
Linda C

o

I'd leave them in your shop if I were you....consider them window dressing...sort of "class up the place" and if someone buys them for $200....great! if not after a few months or a year....then go to eBay.
Linda C

o

The lace is linen or cotton, so it burns out cleanly during firing, leaving the porcelain behind.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here