Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kjkw_gw

Royal Dux Bohemia Bust

kjkw
13 years ago

Might anybody know anything about the history or value of this marked porcelain bust which appears to be #611 in a series? Thanks.

Royal Dux Bohemia Bust

Comments (8)

• lindac
    13 years ago

Good heavens! where did you get that?
    Pre 1920...post I think 1885...or there abouts..
    Upwards of $1000...how much up depends on who wants it....and if there is any hidden damage.
    Very lovely!
    Linda C

• kjkw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It was inherited from a family member. I believe it was a wedding present to her circa 1900. There's a small piece missing from the end of one of the petals in the red flower on her shoulder. This can be seen in the side view. Do you think this would cause a significant reduction in value?

• lindac
    13 years ago

I don't know...it's an amazing piece. As they say at auctions..."Where would you find another like it?"
    You are not seriously thinking of selling it are you?
    Linda C

• kjkw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No, we're just trying to find out more about the pedigree of it, and make sure that it's not worth some outrageous amount of money, as you sometimes see on Antiques Roadshow.

• lindac
    13 years ago

It's early...it says bohemia and not czech republic or something...I believe that after 1920 Royal dux, even with the pink triangle says something else. The E in the center is the owner's initial...Erlicher or something similar...later that factory was taken over by someone else and the letter is different...
    AND it's a very lovely piece ornate and typical of the art nouveau period....not Deco like later pieces.
    Somehow find a collector or dealer in fine porcelain figures and find out more.
    As I often say, I know just enough to be dangerous!!...Enough to know that it's worth finding out more about.
    Linda C

• kjkw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for your help, Linda.

• nanny98
    13 years ago

Oh My Goodness. THAT is simply beautiful (and the reason that I check this forum frequently). Thank you for the pretty! Nanny

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

I seldom make it over here, but glad I did to see that...it is gorgeous!!! Love the colors and ornateness.