Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any value to this victorian octagon table?

Posted by hometime (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 3, 09 at 12:31

I'm thinking of purchasing this interesting old table, anyone have an idea of its age? Could it be valuable? I don't know much about it, its about 30"x30" haven't seen it yet in person.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/usvittles/?action=view¤t=bca8f41d.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any value to this victorian octagon table?

I have purchased three of these through the years, mostly because they appeal to me. Mine have been more rectangular, however. What I have found is that the tops were usually inlaid with a fancy veneer and if you do decide to buy this, you want to make sure that if you need to do any restoring on the top that you won't be compromised by the veneer's thickness, if this is the case. It's been at least 25 years since I bought my last one, so I am rusty on value. I have had several offers to purchase my last one when I allowed a decorator to use it for a Victorian Christmas display. No, I didn't sell it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here