Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elope91

Can anyone tell me the value of this Franklin Sewing machine?

elope91
14 years ago

This is a franklin sewing machine with a foot pedal and the actual peice is inside the table. I was wondering if anyone knows what year it was made and what the value would be.

Comments (6)

• lindac
    14 years ago

Hard to tell much without a picture but the folks at the site linked will tell you.
    Linda c

Here is a link that might be useful: mechanical antiques

• calliope
    14 years ago

I'm assuming you are speaking of a treadle sewing machine when you say foot pedal? Franklin was a Sears and Roebuck brand and they were first manufactured around 1910. They were supposed to be a copy of Singer.

The value of intact treadle machines varies wildly from one part of the country to the next. I have purchased them as cheaply as twenty five dollars (including the cabinet) to seventy five dollars. A really nice one in good shape with an attractive cabinet would bring about $200 here. The local city school systems were still using treadle machines in their sewing classes into the 1960s and they were still being made until the 1950s.

I have five or six old machines like that and sort of collect them. You'll find the actual machine heads are often out of the machine when they're sold, and the cabinets with the treadle mechanisms are often more expensive than the old machines. Ebay usually has a bunch of them and they're sometimes found at estate auctions.

• esther_666
    11 years ago

yes we have a 1910 franklin thread sewing machine great shape oak cabinet is beautiful very shinny still we haven't painted or varnished it just as is also have several replacement parts for it very antique the draws are in great touch there is also a key to lock each draw will post up pic soon let me know we are willing to sell at a really good price its in great shape. to be sold at a low price.

• colleenoz
    11 years ago

This is not a site for selling items, esther.

• esther_666
    11 years ago

IM NOT SELLING IT ON THIS SITE I JUST ASKED A QUESTION THE VALUE OF THIS ANTIQUE TREAD SEWING MACHINE IN THE CONDITION THAT I MENTIONED ABOVE SIMPLY SAYING ID LIKE TO SELL IT BUT NOT SURE OF ITS VALUE SINCE THERE WAS A PREVIOUS QUESTION THAT I WAS ABOUT TO ASK I FIGURE ID GIVE A DISCRIPTION OF SINCE I DONT HAVE A PIC. UP YET....DOSNT MEAN IM SELLING ON THIS SITE ,,,, COLLEENOZ.....