Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pel6413

looking for a tea cup

pel6413
11 years ago

Hello, I'm looking for a china tea cup. my mother inherited a this tea cup from her grandmother, as a child I remember she only drank tea from that cup, unfortunately, the cup was misplaced some 15 years ago (i think is was stolen by someone who rented the apartment). In any case I wanted to see if I could replace it for her birthday, so I'm looking for a spastic model, I would be very happy if anyone can give me any information on where to look, and whether I would have to mortgage my hose to buy it.

Here's what I know:

It was an all white china tea cup with no color decoration.

I think it was part of a set, I found a saucer and I'm almost sure it belonged to the cup, I've attached a couple of images of it.

As you can see from the image, there is a mark for "Rosenthal Germany".

I think there was also a relish serving dish with the same decoration.

As far as I can remember (and I was 10 the last time I saw it) the cup had the same doted decoration on the base, and I have the impression that the china was paper thin.

My great-grandmother brought it when she fled from Germany before WWII, so it's at least that old.

I'm sorry I don't have more information, my mother would know more but I'm trying to keep this a surprise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (2)