Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does this tea set have any value?

Posted by nanny2a (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 29, 09 at 9:36

I inherited this 8 piece tea set from my grandmother, who offered bed and board in their victorian inn back during WWI. She had many collections of china and this was part of one that was passed on down to me. I have my china collections registered with Replacements, and although I sent them photos and a request for identification several times, they never reply to my requests. I thought I'd give y'all a try, since many of you seem to be most knowledgeable. The mark on the back of each piece says "Victoria". Underneath the crown symbol are the initials "C. & E." Beneath that it says "Bone China, England". What can you tell me about this set, and what would it's value be?

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does this tea set have any value?

The potter was Cartwright and Edwards and that pattern dated from about 1936.
Value depends on condition, how many pieces there are and who you can find to buy it..
Linda C

o

Thank you, Linda, for the information. The set is in excellent condition, every piece looks as if they were brand new. Grandma was pretty picky about her dishes......lol! All I have are eight cups and eight saucers. I love the pretty violet pattern, but we aren't tea drinkers, and the set is never used. Would love for someone to own, appreciate and USE it!!

o

Those cups will work very well for coffee....
I bought a set of lovely Copeland Spode cups and saucers.
I use them with some plain white plated for dessert and coffee.
Have you a daughter of a grand daughter who might like them some day?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here