Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone known Hummel figurine is authentic or fake?

Posted by vladas (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 13, 08 at 2:57

I have bought privately an ancient figurine of the Madonna With Halo (height 24 cm). All stamps specify that it is production of M.I. Hummel-Goebel (there are HM 33, Crown Mark and letters WG, Full Bee trademark, decimal designator), but there was a discussion that is not authentic. The main doubt has arisen in stamps and many my colleagues assert that this figurine is not typical of M.I. Hummel-Goebel production. Whether can help with definition of authenticity of this figurine or it is fake?
Figurine of the Madonna With Halo
Stamps of figurine of the Madonna With Halo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone known Hummel figurine is authentic or fake?

You have bought a Gobel figuring dating from about 1950...but the figure is not a Hummel.
In a brief history, Bertha Hummel was an art student who entered a convent and became a nun taking the name Maria Innocentia. She designed and commissioned the Gobel pottery to make figurines from her drawings with all proceeds going to the convent, and the stipulation that all figurines she designed be marked with her signature. On a Hummel figurine "I.'M. Hummel" will be incised in the base.
You have a real Gobel figure but not a Hummel.
Linda C

o

That is the way I understand it too.

o

Thank you very much.

o

I have a hummell figurine that has the signuture on the base the mold number 15/1 and some ink number on the bottom 10 13 8. Is this a knock off?

o

Does it have "I. M. Hummel" incised on the base? If so it's real.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here