Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identifying the mark of cup&saucer mark

Posted by eyesky_pz1980 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 8, 11 at 1:13

I have a set of cup and saucer, but can not recognize the mark? Could anybody help me on it?

please look at the photo, will that be from Japan, I was told it should has some history...

Thanks!

http://www.artifactcollectors.com/images/fbfiles/images/_______157.jpg

http://www.artifactcollectors.com/images/fbfiles/images/_______161_1.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identifying the mark of cup&saucer mark

Sorry I don't know that mark. But it doesn't look like a Japanese mark to me, it looks like "H B" in a triangle.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: cup and saucer

o

HB in triangle can be HB Henriot Quimper, France 1898 on to present. The triangle I'm looking at has a little star, leaf or something in each of the 3 corners along with HB in center.

o

That cup is nothing at all like anything ever made by Quimper.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: The backstamp

o

There are many HB marks. Can you show a photo of the mark. If it's one of the above, I can't open it.

o

The link in my post above your post shows the mark on the saucer.
Quimper was marked with their signature brush stroke...nothing like the mark on the saucer....and their ware looks nothing like the rose decorated cup and saucer which looks to me like bone china.
Linda c

o

I'll take your word for it that it's HB in the backstamp. I don't think it's Japanese and definitely not Quimper. It probably isn't British -- just a guess that it's European.

o

The link shows HB in a diamond, not a triangle - that may be the source of the misunderstanding here.

Karin L

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here