Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fanelda

Hellrung & Grimm Dresser and Mirror Age

fanelda
9 years ago

Trying to find info on this company and the approx age of the dresser and mirror, possible by the age of the hardware on the back of the mirror. The name is imprinted, by no date found. I know the company was established about 1894 and the last company filing was in 1952. This was a St Louis Furniture Company.

Please contact me for more photos.

Comments (11)

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

If you showed the mirror and the hardware it would be easier.

It looks - from the out of focus picture you uploaded - like a 1930s-1950s reproduction of colonial furniture., these are usually well-made and still useful.

• Stephanie Ruether
    7 years ago

I was bequeathed the same dresser! Mine has a mirror. I also have the tall dresser, the bed, and the nightstand. I think it's Hellrung&Grimm. Mine was a wedding gift from my grandpa to my grandma in 1947. I'd love to know more about the company.

• Julie Murphy
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

My Great Great Grandfather Hellrung and my Great Great Uncle Grimm owned the furniture company in St. Louis, MO. The building was several stories high with furniture displayed on each floor, which was something new in that era. The business was then passed onto my two Great Uncles Hellrung who ran it until they either retired or passed away. I'm not sure of all the dates & details. I am so thrilled to see actual furniture which was purchased from my family's store! You can contact me on Facebook if you'd like. Julie Murphy

• Stephanie Ruether
    5 years ago

Julie, I can't find you! Since this post, I have also purchased a dining room set made by your family. I also found the catalog it came from-its ca 1920s! Look for me- Stephanie Ruether.

• Stephanie Ruether
    5 years ago

Your grandfather was very talented. Since this original post, I have purchased more of your family's furniture. I also own a dining room set.

• Candis Mathis
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I have this chair I bought from a thrift store a few years back and curious if anyone knows what kind of chair it is? The short back that is slanted is very different. Has a stamp on bottom with Hellrung & Grimm name.

• colleenoz
    3 years ago

A picture would help, Candis. "The short back that is slanted is very different." does not really give much of an idea of how it looks.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    3 years ago

This looks like a set of dining room furniture and a desk that my parents bought in the late 1930s.

• Rex Rip
    3 years ago

Jacob F. Hellrung Jr was my Grandfather. I noticed several others have said they were related to him. Contact me if you want!

• HU-154357865
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Jacob F Hellrung from Bickenriede, Thuringia, Germany father Georg F *1833 Bickenriede +1912 MO, grandfather Nicolaus Hellrung *1798 Bickenriede GGF 1776 Niederorschel, Thuringia, Germany ...