Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heelsdown_gw

Finally fixed up my $2 dresser find

HeelsDown
10 years ago

Okay so it's been awhile, but we finally tackled our dresser that I first asked about last year.

We couldn't salvage the top due to the water damage so we made a new top out of salvaged barn board. The same deal with the "skin's" on each side. They came off, but we really liked how it looked underneath so we kept it plain. Sanded the entire thing then added a coat of polyurethane. After that, I had planned on staining it a walnut colour, but the colour that came up was so nice (and so far off the original green-ish colour), that I left it at that. It only had 3 wood knobs left, which we replaced with some nice glass ones. Since it's not really original anymore anyhow, we thought they added some pizazz to it esp since the colour of the glass matches the tone of the wood.

We love it! It was nice to save from being thrown out and giving it a new life. :) And, it's still nicer and cheaper than most of the new crap in stores today!

Once again, I'll give the link so there are a few pics.

Enjoy!
On to the next piece...I see why people get addicted to rehab lol

https://picasaweb.google.com/schmenn/1920sDresserRehab?authuser=0amp;authkey=Gv1sRgCOi5y6DakqCXLg&feat=directlink

Jenn

(I tried to update my original message from oct 2012 called can anyone date this dresser, but not sure it worked)

Comments (4)