Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pris_gw

Pewter coffee pot

pris
13 years ago

One more, then I'm through.

I have a pewter coffee pot given me by my MIL for Christmas in the late 70's. I found the exact one on an auction site that gives the mfg date as 1801 to 1900. I was hoping to narrow it down a little more than that. Here is a link to the auction site and below to pictures of mine. These were taken with the same bad camera and lighting but should be good enough to tell that the auction example is the same. Since I'm not selling it, the price is not all that important although a ballpark figure would be nice.

There is a mark on the inside bottom of the pot. It's oval in shape and has what appears to be a ships wheel in the center. "H. Amsing" is curved over the wheel and "Groningen" is curved under it.

The auction site is a 'pay per view' and I'm not sure they have any more info other than price. So, am not willing to pay for a peek at the unknown. I'm just trying to pass along pertinent info so the eventual recipient will have a better idea of what they have.

here's the auction site:

http://www.prices4antiques.com/pewter-tin-tole-wares/pots/Pewter-Amsing-Coffee-Urn-13-inch-D9808827.htm

TIA

Pris

Here is a link that might be useful: Pewter coffeepot

Comments (7)