Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dona Rosa oaxaca signed Vase

Posted by kmurray (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 26, 06 at 18:37

I have a very unique signed black oaxaca vase and was wondering if anybody might know the value of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of Vase

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dona Rosa oaxaca signed Vase

Here's a picture of the signature.

Here is a link that might be useful: Signature

o

The Dona Rosa pottery that is most valuable is the ware with the decorative cutouts. Those with appplied or other sorts of decoration bring lots less.
Off the top of my head I would say about $20....depending, of course on size and condition.
The name Dona Rosa now refers to lots of ware made my a pottery on Oaxaca. I believe at one time there was really a Dona Rosa that developed the polished black ware with the cut out decoration...but any more I think it just refers to the pottery made on one factory in Oaxaca.
Linda C

o

By the irregularities of the vase itself, makes me believe it was not done in a factory. Just asking what would one of the older vases be worth?

o

By factory I mean a pottery where workers are making pottery to sell there....factory was not the best word.
Yes it was most likely hand made. But it is not the most desireable example of Oazaca pottery. The pieces with the precise and decorative cut outs bring the most $4..
As I said, in the neighborhood of $20.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Dona Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here