Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lastminitl_gw

Help identifying unmarked old china pattern?

LastMinitL
10 years ago

Hello! I am new to this forum so I hope I am doing this right! This china pattern has been sitting in the cabinets in the kitchen of the First Presbyterian Church in Helena, Arkansas for many many years. There are no markings on the back and my mom and I are very curious as to what kind it is and how old it might be. If any of you have any idea, I would sure love to hear from you! Thank you so much in advance for your help! Hope to hear from you soon!

Laurie Perry

Comments (30)

• Linderhof1208
    10 years ago

It looks like what my grandmother had -- guessing it may be from the 40s

Martha

• LastMinitL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for your help, Martha! Can't wait to find out for sure! My daughter is getting married next spring and has fallen in love with this old pattern. I'm hoping we can find out what it is and maybe find some pieces for her. Thanks again so much for your reply!
    Laurie

• lsst
    10 years ago

Send a photo to Replacemants, LTD. They have a website.
    They may be able to I.D. it for you and may have some of the pattern available.
    I did this with an unmarked Rosenthal pattern.

• LastMinitL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for your help! I had contacted Replacements and finally heard back from them! The pattern is call "Mildred" and was made by Mount Clemens Pottery in Michigan. It was discontinued in the 1930's so it has been around a WHILE!! Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my message! Hope you have a wonderful week!

• lsst
    10 years ago

I am glad Replacements could ID it for you!
    Keep an eye out for online auctions and at local antique shops. Over time you will be able to find pieces to start a collection.

• Linderhof1208
    10 years ago

Wow -- I guess it was older than I thought -- Grandma had it for a while I guess!

Martha

• sandy_warner15
    8 years ago

Ive been collecting that pattern for a long time. This pattern was originally put out by a china co called Royal sussex in the 1930's. It was called Queens Lace. At some later date Mount Clemens Pottery reintroduced the pattern as Mildred. I have some of each in my collection

Sandy

• Lori Armstrong
    8 years ago

I have a HUGE number of pieces from this set. Plates in two sizes, bread plates, cups and saucers, and many serving pieces, including a covered round butter dish. Some in really good shape some in not so good shape. They were part of a big box lot. Unfortunately not packed well so I had quite the job cleaning them up. I was waiting for space to open up in my venders space. If anyone is interested I can get them back out and give a more detailed inventory. I'm in Ohio.

• sandy_warner15
    8 years ago

Hello Lori

I have many pieces to that pattern also. But I do not have a covered butter dish. I would be interested in hearing what you would like to get for that piece + to dicuss a prices on any other pieces that you have that I do not. Leave a coment here if this is of interest to you.

Sandy

• sandy_warner15
    6 years ago

Wish I had returned to this site sooner. I am also looking for the covered butter dish + a few other pieces. I have lots of extras of many pieces in both Mildred + Queens Lace patterns. Been collecting the patterns for close to 20 years but the butter dishes are hard 2 come by. There are differences between the 2 patterns. Lauras plate photo shown above is Queens Lace. Mildred is the same around the edges but also has a floral motif in the center of the plates, platters + bowls. Also some of the later made Milderd ....the sugar + creamer, gravey boat + cofee cups have a different ,more angular shape to them. I would be interested in selling or trading pieces. If anyone else is interested leave a comment here. I am located in Central Wis.

Sandy

• Allison Theriot
    6 years ago
    I am tying to find out about this China my mother had. I have plates, bowls, saucers, gravy bowl, serving dish. Anyone know? Can make out the name
  • lindac92
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

It's fine china made in Bavaria between 1939 and 1965
    Go to Replacements and scroll through the many pages of pictures to find the name of the pattern. By the style of the pattern I am guessing it's about 1950-ish.

• Allison Theriot
    6 years ago

Thank you. Was able to find the pattern.

Erika

by HUTSCHENREUTHER

• Gargamel
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

In German Erika means "Heather" (the plant/flower)

• Inday Garutay
    3 years ago

I need help in identifying my mom's China Set. I am even not sure if this is fake or not(who knows). Thanks!!!

• lindac92
    3 years ago

It appears to be porcelain made in Japan. It's not one of the finer japanese china brands like Noritake or even Misaka....and there is a 24 piece set on ebay not at $40 looking for a bid.
    Guessing it's from about 1975 to maybe 2000.

• Inday Garutay
    3 years ago

Thanks Linda. Do you know the name of it or keywords to put? I tried to check ebay but for some reason I couldn't find it. TIA ;-)

• lindac92
    3 years ago

There is a "Yamoto" china....but yours is different.
    I just tried to find what I saw yesterday....and can't.
    There are a gazillion companies making porcelain in japan and China and I know some make several different 'brands' in the same location. Sometimes a store or a promotion will contract for a company to make a line and pattern for them. I think that's the sort of thing you have. Go to low end department stores and walmart....there is a lot of china there.
    It was never expensive....but will wear well and set a nice table.

• G. E.
    3 years ago

I'm trying to identify this china pattern. I am looking for the teapot. I know it is Johnson Brothers.

• lindac92
    3 years ago

Lets see a good picture of the back stamp.

• G. E.
    3 years ago

I don't have the actual dishes at my house. It is a set that my daughter in law's grandmother left her. I sent the picture to Replacements.com and I did find out however that the pattern is a Johnson Brothers pattern JB169. However as of yet have not found a teapot which sadly was broken. If I recall correctly I believe that the only thing that was on the back was the name "Johnson Brothers".

• maifleur03
    3 years ago

If Replacements gave you the pattern what information were you looking for when you posted your comment?

• Suzi Mersmann
    3 years ago

I am looking to find a pattern marked with a green backstamp - a single crown, with no other words, letters, symbols or numbers. I have tried Replacements, but the request came back with no match. Please help! This was my grandmother's and I'd like to find the pattern for my daughter. Thank you, Suzi

• Gargamel
    3 years ago

I think you will need to post a photo of the item and the marks

• bradley rocks
    2 years ago

I have the set your holding up. What is the stamp on the bottom? Do you know the value?

• Jamie
    last year

Edwin knowles out of Chester WV. That's where they were

• Tina Bailey
    last year
    last modified: last year

I just inherited a set of 16 place settings, serving bowls, cups, saucers etc. No stamp on the back but does appear to be exactly the pattern of Royal Sussex Queens Lace. My step-mother told me her mother-in-law use to get pieces from soap detergent boxes. Anyway, what do you suppose it may be worth?

• Susan Chilson
    16 days ago

I can't find any other china marked Copeland and Cappett Can anyone help?

• Susan Chilson
    16 days ago

Never mind it is Copeland and Garrett... bad transfer on the mark:-)