Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Apothecary jars

Posted by firstwordman (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 23, 09 at 16:23

Goooood afternoon y'all!!

I surely was hoping somebody could tell me a little about these apothecary jars. I can't seem to find any like them. I'll bet a nickle Linda knows about 'em, though :-) I have GOT to get rid of some of my things or I'll need to add a room somewhere. Oh well...C'est la vie

Thank you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Apothecary jars

First of all, they are not apothecary jars but most likely sugar bowls....there is no size reference....the smaller one could be a powder bowl...for talcum powder on a dresser top.
They are opalescent glass...of the type of Carnival glass.
Most likely made by Fenton in the latter part of the period of carnival glass....the late 1920's and 1930's. The color is "marigold".
I'm not as up on carnival as I am on some other kinds of glass and don't have the books to pinpoint the pattern.
But the link below will allow you do do some research.
Would love to see more detailed pictures of the feet and bottom parts of the pieces.
They are really very nice pieces....if orange is your color....but think how nice they might be as part of a fall arrangement.
Linda c

Here is a link that might be useful: carnival glass

o
RE: Apothecary jars

I guess the sizes would be pertinent information.... :)

The footed one is a little over 10" tall with the lid on. The other is a little over 11" tall with the lid on. The third pieces without the lid is 7.25" tall.

Here are a couple of other pictures:

jar 2 bottom

footed jar

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here