Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If You Were Going to Sell This Chiffrobe

Posted by country_bumpkin_al (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 24, 11 at 16:22

What would ask for it. It's all original, still has the original finish (that has darkened over the years), the original beveled Mirrors and the woodenwheels/rollers. I know it's over 100 years old at least.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If You Were Going to Sell This Chiffrobe

What is the finish? What is the wood? And how do you know it's over 100 years old. It looks like a 1930s-40s piece to me.

Those things don't sell for much, but if you thoroughly cleaned it and markets it as storage for a baby's room you could get some action.

o

I believe it's possible it's over 100 years but not by much. They were first made in the early part of the 20th century. Very likely it's gumwood stained to look like walnut.
I'll bet you can get $200 for it....
Linda C

o

Thanks Lindac! The reason I said it was probably over 100yrs old is because it belonged to my Grandmother. She died Jan.9, 1971 at the age of 92.

I'm wanting to sell it and $200.00 was what I was thinking would be a fair price, especially considering it's all original,etc.

Thanks again!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here