Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A lesson to be learned and a new lamp!

Posted by javaandjazz (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 7, 11 at 16:15

So last week we take a ride up to Roide Island early before WaterFire starts and hit a few antique shops. The first shop we go into, a consignment store, I see a lamp and decide to pick it up to look at the bottom being careful to hold onto the milk glass shade. Well, guess what happens next? You are so right! The shade falls off and smashes into a million pieces. Figures! It was marked down to $14.00 so when the lady came over I said I would buy it since I broke the shade. First off come to find out it wasn't the right shade cause the screws were not holding it on at all. So, I get home and start to polish up the lamp and it looks kinda cool. I brought it up to my lamp guy to have a new switch and wiring done. Most times I can rewire myself but not when a switch is involved. So....after a new shade that had to be ground down so the rim would fit into this lamp and $150.00 later I have a pretty cool machine age art deco lamp! The shade that was on the lamp was not a flame globe but we decided to put the flame globe on because it looks neat. Lesson...don't turn any lamps over without first taking th globe off! LOL!

IMG_5516

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A lesson to be learned and a new lamp!

That is a killer SCORE! I love the base. It Looks like something out of Metropolis. I cant believe you got it for 14 bucks.

o
RE: A lesson to be learned and a new lamp!

Actually for $164, I guess, but even at that price I would feel like it was a "killer SCORE!" Wow, gorgeous. Thanks for the reminder to be careful too :-)

KarinL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here