Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identifying Antique Pressed Glass Candy Dish

Posted by CapitalBabs (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 13, 12 at 16:11

looking for a little help identifying this piece - at least manufacturer and approx. date. The info I have places it somewhere pre- turn of the century but it's very vague information from a dead relative.

Color wise, there is a very faint pink/gold tone to the glass - not like depression era glass color just a tint.

The entire dish is just over 8 inches tall with the lid itself being just over 2 inches tall.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identifying Antique Pressed Glass Candy Dish

here's a close up of the dish lid knob

o

a little less close.

o

That's a hard one......I think it's a later edition of a slightly irridescent flashed glass that has had most of the irridencence washed off. I can't find a picture ( but haven't looked very hard!)....dates from 1950's...or perhaps 40's.
The color appears "on" the galss rather than "in"...is that so? In person?

o

Color is always hard on the monitor but no, it's not irridescent and it's most definitely IN the glass not on it. It really does appear consistent even where there are small chips, the color seems to be present. Again, it is SOOOO faint that I don't know that it's an application.

And it definitely dates before the depression and there is anecdotal reports that it goes well before that - supposedly 5 generations. I'm not looking to set a value, just for general knowledge value.

o

Can you get as sharp a picture of the bottom of the foot as you did of the finial?
I am very puzzled....I swear I never saw any glass that color....and the style and pattern (or lack of) makes it harder.
On the 5 generations thing....I have "my great great grandmother Konklin's sugar bowl"...Grandma's daughter was born in 1869....so he mother was likely born about 1849....and it's said to be her sugar bowl.....but the pattern is a pattern from 1910.....so....??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here