Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gone with the Wind Lamps

Posted by KarolynS (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 15:43

Hi everyone! My mother has a matching set of electric Gone with the Wind lamps with a rose motif that came from my grandmother's estate. She has asked me to sell them for her, and as she is on a very fixed income, I'd like to make sure I'm getting as much as I possibly can for her. I am hoping that being a matched set will help their value. Plus, they are hand painted and in wonderful condition. One globe has a tiny chip in the top ring and some type of mar or scratch on the backside. They only marking is the number "3001" in the bottom of each lamp. I believe my grandmother acquired these at an antique store in Maryland in the 70s.

Can anyone offer some advice on what my best course of action might be? Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gone with the Wind Lamps

They are very lovely lamps, but not antique. They were not made to be oil lamps as the old GWTW lamps were.
Those that are originally oil lamps, even if converted bring more money.
Based on what I find on completed sales on ebay, I would say if you get $150 for the pair you can be happy.

Likely they are from the early American craze in the 1950's
Linda C

o

I would like to buy your lamps. I will gladly pay $150 plus shipping if you would mail them to me. Please call me if you are interested. 863-206-7051

o

Seen on my local CraigsList.

Here is a link that might be useful: GONE WITH THE WIND

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here