Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
antique toy horse & buggy info wanted

Posted by kiagarden (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 22, 10 at 15:18

Hello-
I have an old antique toy horse and buggy. I'd love to know more about it, especially how old it is. It is 2 foot tall, 3 feet long and 17" wide. When it is peddled, all the horses feet move. For steering, the reins are used. It is missing one rubber tire - i would love to know where I can get one to replace it. Any information about this, as a toy or as a collectible would be greatly appreciated.....even a suggestion on where I can look for more information. Thank you very much.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac152/kiagarden/100_0414.jpg,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: antique toy horse & buggy info wanted

Sorry, lets try this link.....thanks for your patience, I'm new at trying to post pics. :-)

o

What a toy! Is that real horsehair?

o

Fori-
I don't know if it's real horse hair - is there a way to tell? :-)
Also, thank you so much for making picture to show up - i still have a lot of learning to do.

o

some info I found...
http://home.wxs.nl/~wigge199/antics.htm
There is refrence to one made in the 1880's.
I know someone who has the one he has as a kid, and he was born in 1931.
Google antique pedal toy and you will find lots of dealers who may steer you to a place for a new tire.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: pedal toy

o
RE: antique toy horse & buggy info wanted more

Often the tail was made from sisal.

o

The wheel construction indicates it may be older than 1940. Because it had 'rubber' tires, it was probably made after 1890.

o

Thank you everyone for all the information - it helps a lot! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here