Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skubbs

Landers Frary & Clark percolator

skubbs
17 years ago

Hi. I have a LF&C electric percolator. It is just under 10"h, has narrow decorative band around it. Black (wood?) handle. Last date on bottom is 1924. Stamped 'No P45' on bottom. Aluminum coffee basket is also stamped with that number. Bottom is also stamped 'made for' above an oval design containing the words 'service NYAL drug store'. It is chrome colored. Anyone know the history on this pot? Many thanks!

Comments (11)

• lindac
    17 years ago

Vintage coffee makers are very hot right not....there should be all sorts of info all over the web....make Google your friend.
    Here's a start.
    Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: vintage coffee makers

• tmiller53
    17 years ago

I have a LF&C electric percolator Model E9649 circa 1913. Marked as 3 of 60. Any suggestion where I can get any additional info on this item? Thanks.

• lmccor7139_aol_com
    13 years ago

can you tell me anything about this coffee maker i have one with creamer and sugar bowel in green

• davidstone1_windstream_net
    12 years ago

Mine sayes No.E 9646, last pat. 1913 UNIVERSAL madeby LF & C. PAT"S "Bte'SG.du G" . If anyone had any info. would you please let me know. Thank

• srmenna_gmail_com
    12 years ago

I have a coffee percolator, silver plated but not functional (or may I do not know how it works). Pat, No. is 2076096. It is "UNIVERSAL" brand. Please help.

• phototone
    9 years ago

It appears the early electric percolators were not "automatic". You had to unplug them from the electricity when you felt the coffee was brewed strong enough. Usually 4-7 minutes from when they start perking. Early power cords had an integral on-off switch built in. Modern replacements do not.

• phototone
    9 years ago

These early electric percolators are simple. They have a heating element in the base, some may have some sort of fuse also, but that's it! You plug them in (cords still available) and they heat up. (or not, if broken). You time the percolation to get the coffee strength you want, then you unplug them. No automatic shut-off. No warmer. If you want warm coffee for a long time, decant the coffee to a thermos bottle.

• beckleybunch
    7 years ago

I just purchased one of these and didn't realize (or think about it) until later, that the inside parts are all aluminum. I would love to find stainless parts to replace them with. Any suggestions???

• HU-151372599
    5 years ago

nders fray and clark not electric perc coffee pot universal 464-- - loveit -- dated--july 16 07--- HOW DO I CLEAN THIS?? coffee basket does not come apart--- is this aluminum???

• Grisenia Matos
    2 years ago

I have landers frary and clark percolator coffee no. e9169 and would like the replacement parts for basket other interior parts. Anyone know where I can find it?