Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the all gold china called?

Posted by leahcate (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 9, 09 at 14:36

I'd like to search for it, but no idea what it's called. **I have a few pieces**, and often see it in smaller items such as teapots, creamers, etc. Wonder if it was/is made in serving dishes? Would be lovely accent if place settings have gold rims, etc. What ARE they called, please! Thank you.
** for example, mine is marked "Wheeling dec co. Wheeling W.Va. and has fine filigree of gold all over.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the all gold china called?

Hi leahcate, Do your pieces look anything like this? I was just wondering about this piece that sounded similar to what you describe. I'm sure someone will be able to help.

gold teapot

o

You talking about Pickard??

Here is a link that might be useful: Pickard.

o

Hi diggin...nope, mine is much more like to yours, lindac. Mine is from Wheeling W.va., according to the bottom marks...not that it need be the same company. I thought this look might be nice in a vegetable dish, or other larger serving pieces, though I have never seen one.

o

It's Homer Laughlin, deistrubted by the Wheeling Dec. Co. (which is what I used for a google search.) It's called Georgian Eggshell Gold 626. I'd look at Replacements Ltd for more pieces.

Here is a link that might be useful: Goergian Eggshell Gold

o

Hey there ideefixe:>) You're a better googler than I, since that's just what I did but missed this site. Thank you! After nosing about online I've come to the conclusion that these pieces were/are not made as larger serving ware, so guess it's back to plain ole' silver or china . Ah well, just an idea.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here