Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Radio Line wheelbarrow

Posted by skubbs (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 14, 06 at 14:32

I have a small tin wheelbarrow w/ hollow (I think) plastic wheel. It has 'RADIO LINE' imprinted in the bottom. Someone did a quick spraypaint job on it. The metal is sound. Is it collectible and worth refinishing? I can't find a thing about it anywhere. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Radio Line wheelbarrow

Radio flyer is making the retro line....I really don't think it's worth the trouble of re doing....
An antique toy not in original condition is rarely worth a lot....even if you do restore it.
Linda C

o

Thank you. I see where Radio Flyer is making a small, useable wheelbarrow. Is this the retro you are referring to? Mine is different...all of tin, except for plastic wheel and handle ends. Not sturdy enough for serious use. I can't find anything that looks like it, or any info on 'Radio Line' on the web. Maybe not at all related to 'Radio Flyer'.

o

I also have one of these wheelbarrows. Mine also is made of all metal except for the tire which is rubber and the rubber handles. I am in the process of restoring mine and was also looking for some info about it. If anyboby knows anything please let me know where to look.

o

I restored my Radio-Line wheelbarrow several years ago. I received it as a gift when I was about 4-5 years old in 1960 or 1961. I recently picked up another one at a swap meet and am restoring it for an infant relative.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wheelbarrow

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here