Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landstrom Furniture Corp Desk

Posted by woodgrains (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 11, 09 at 14:21

I have a desk and would really like to know some information on it if anyone has any! What kind of wood? When was it manufactured? Maybe some refinishing techniques.

There is a plate on the back that says "Revell & Co Chicago Illinois" and have determined that to be the department store that sold this desk. Also on the inside of one of the drawers is a tag that says "Landstroms Furniture Corp 1879 Rockford Illinois" Thanks a lot!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landstrom Furniture Corp Desk

It looks to be 1930's furniture, veneer, some of it looks like burl.
But again looking at the brasses, it looks like it could be 1960's or 70's.
Do a google search on Rockford Ill and maybe you can find info there.
Start out cleaning up with mineral spirits and then decide where to go from there.
Linda c

o

I have a desk with drawer and folding top that will lay flat or the part covering the front of the desk will stand as if to hold items while writing and has 2 side storage areas and several cubby holes. I also have a cane bottom chair that may have been bought along with the desk. I would like the age is possible and ball park value. Both in excellent condition. I do not have a key for the lock.
Thanks.

o

My moms folks bought a secretariate desk in 1920 from Meier n Franks of Portland,Oregon.I have it in my home now.I have always had it in my life.Was wondering its value.

o

Please start your own thread; that way responses can come to you instead of to the OP, and people don't have to read through old entries to get to your question.

KarinL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here