o
RE: Rug.. Antique?

Third rug

o

Fringe

o

Not "old" (as in antique). Hard life. But, hey, price was great! Lots of useful life in those rugs.

/tricia

o

Ohh defiantly a lot of use.... I know the second and third are not antique... The second one came from Aris Alexanian rugs in Canada around 1956..... There is a dated tag sewn on the back. The third is in to good of shape to be to old. But the first I now know is a oushak or ushak. It has colored warp and is VERY worn.... Not just in a walk path but most of the surface. It is also very pliable(floppy) if u know what I mean. It has also had several repairs...end bindings/ small tear fixed...obviously by a professional, but along time ago. The colors are not synthetic ....they have mellowed with age, the back is much darker. The feel, weight, color and interesting design just say old to me!

o

Better view of first carpet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here