Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dreamplanter

How to Sell on eBay

blueheron
13 years ago

DH and I are retired and have some items we would like to sell on eBay, i.e., Hudson Bay blankets, McCoy teapot, RS Prussia fruit bowl,ironstone soup tureen, etc. We don't want to try to sell them ourselves and I was wondering where I would find people who sell for you on eBay for a percentage of the selling price.

Any ideas?

Comments (5)

• sameboat
    13 years ago

The charity I work for has an eBay seller who places items on eBay for us. We were able to find someone who lived close to our office, who would let me drop the items off to her. I would not recommend having anyone into your home until you know who they are, etc. I would start with a few small items and see how it goes. Some eBay sellers specialize in certain items (antiques/collectibles, electronics, etc).

Trading Assistants are not employees or independent contractors of eBay, nor do they endorse or approve them. Each Trading Assistant runs his or her own independent business, free from any involvement by eBay. You should apply the same standards in selecting a Trading Assistant as you would in hiring anyone to perform a service for you. Use good judgment and common sense in making your choice.

I have heard that in this economy, eBay sales are down 40%. Hope it goes well for you - good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Find an eBay Trading Assistant to Sell for You

• blueheron
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, sameboat, for the site. There is a Trading Asst in my town and I will check him out.

:)

• blueheron
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I found a person who sells on Ebay. His parents live in the same retirement community that we do. He came to our house yesterday and photographed various items to be sold on Ebay.

I have looked at RS Prussia bowls on Ebay and the prices are all over the place, starting at $3,000. This was a rare one and a beautiful piece. I have a gold-rimmed berry bowl with 5 matching serving bowls in the lily pattern. I have no idea what price to put on them. The condition is perfect, by the way. Are certain patterns more desireable than others. Where can I find out what patterns are worth?

• lindac
    12 years ago

Certain RS Prussia patterns and more desirable than others and some marks are better than others.....and a fair amount of RS Prussia is false labeled. I have seen a roll of stick on RS Prussia red mark stickers to be placed on unmarked German porcelain.

Here is a link that might be useful: RS Prussia collectors

• blueheron
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, I visited that site, too, but it doesn't have a list of patterns or what they're worth. My bowls came from my husband's grandmother's home and have the authentic RS Prussia red backmark on them.

I googled RS Prussia values and it takes me to sites that sell books about the china. No free valuations. I'll just have to see what some of them bring on Ebay.