Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vintage Jewelry - Dress / Sweater / Fur clip?

Posted by sweeby (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 5, 11 at 12:07

My camera's MIA, so I can't post photos yet, but am very curious...

I have a pair of vintage rhinestone 'clips' or 'pins' from my grandmother, and I'm wondering what they are. They're lovely pieces, quite heavy and well-made, but I've no idea how they were intended to be worn. They're marked 'Eisenberg Original' which I understand is a well-regarded vintage costume jewelry maker.

They're about 1" x 1 1/2" with two sturdy, parallel, and very sharp pins across the back side that pull back and 'clip' forward with a spring mechanism similar to (but much stronger than) what is found on a typical a clip earring. The pin parts have a slight bend near the tips.

I'm thinking these are probably fur clips -- But mostly I've seen large singles rather than smaller pairs. And can anyone say how a pair might be worn?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vintage Jewelry - Dress / Sweater / Fur clip?

Sorry - Didn't do my homework first...

They're fur clips -- though apparently, they weren't actually worn on furs... (No wonder - those prongs would be deadly!)

o

Actually just "clips"....worn at the neckline or on a lapel.
Eisenberg Ice was good stuff!!

o

I found a photo of them online:

They are lovely, but they're not something I would ever wear myself, and I have lots of pieces to remember my grandmother by, so I decided to list them on eBay.

o

Beautiful!!!!!!!

o

I hope you are not sorry you sold them.....they sure don't take up much room in case you change your mind.....

o

I haven't sold them yet Linda, and have set what I consider to be a fair reserve price -- But Grandma had a LOT of jewelry and not a lot of grandchildren (or great grandchildren)...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here