Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to sell my lladro's

Posted by ddw962 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 8, 08 at 10:41

Hi,

I've been collecting lladro's for years and now have too many to display so they sit in boxes.

I know I could try to sell on ebay but does anyone know how I would go about finding a buyer who would buy up many pieces? I've called retailers and they provide no info.

While I realize I will probably not see full value of even my oldest retired pieces I am hoping there is a way to get a reasonable amount of their value and know I am selling them to a reputable buyer.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to sell my lladro's

Watch on ebay see who's selling and who's buying, contact those who ser selling and ask them that question. I don't believe ebay will allow you to contact a buyer nor a bidder.
But contacting other Lladro collectors would be your best bet for selling a lot at once.
if you want to get fullv alue you should be thinking of selling them one at a time.
Linda C

o

You might try this person. She has helped me in the past & seems quite knowledgeable.

Here is a link that might be useful: Retired Lladro Collection

o

The link that triciae posted seems to have some excellent information although it does say there that they rarely buy whole collections.
I guess it depends on what you are hoping to reap from each piece - the company in the link will buy your pieces, but as they are resellers I wonder if you will get the best price available to you that way.
The thing that would worry me is their statement that the item must be in absolutely immaculate mint condition - often times there is a small flaw in an item that may not be discernible to the average collector, sometimes not even to an expert, but if someone is going to take a microscope to the item, that's a different story.
No offense intended to you, Triciae, as I said I'm sure they are very reputable and for some they may be the perfect solution.
For you, ddw, I think it's silly to rule out ebay for your collection. I have attached the link to today's completed listings for LLadro - it seems that they generally catch a fair price, but again it depends on what your vision of value for each piece is.
Suzan J

Here is a link that might be useful: LLadro Completed Listings

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here