Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White wash basin and pitcher

Posted by jomoncon (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 7, 10 at 10:20

I have a large pitcher & basin that belonged to my late uncle. The pitcher is about 12x9 and the bowl is 16x4. I believe this belonged to my grandmother from rural Louisiana, from the early 1900's. Both the pitcher & the basin have the same marks. Unfortunately, I cannot get a clear look at the marks, and I cannot get a clear picture of them. It seems to be "yme conirle." The 2nd word may be misspelled. I'd love to know the age & value of it. We want to keep it in the family is it was my grandmother's. In fact, we want to keep it anyway.

Thanks for any help
Jo-Ann

Here is a link that might be useful: White wash basin and pitcher

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White wash basin and pitcher

Just a picture of the shape of the mark would help...
It's likely from about 1900, perhaps a little later....it could be either American or English white Ironstone pottery....looks to be in great shape. Value....perhaps $200...maybe not quite that much.
Linda C

o

Here's the best picture I can get of the marks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Marks on Basin & Pitcher

o

I looked in my 2 Kovels' Pottery & Porcelain books & no match either by shape of mark or by anything starting with "y" or "C". It's a lovely set tho, enjoy it!

o

There are 2 new books out identifying both English and American white ironstone pitchers by shape. Each book is $30, you could request them from your library.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here