Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1942 School Pull Down Chart

Posted by valmont325 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 12 at 4:05

This has got to be one of my coolest finds. It amazes me, i can not find another one of these online. Would they have made just one for a school? I would love to know a value on this, i know these type of things can go for a bit of money.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1942 School Pull Down Chart

Is it really a "pull down?" ..Or just a hanging nutritional chart?

o

It's just a hanging - on dowels to keep it from flapping/curling. There's no roller for it to be a pulldown. Classroom or infirmary chart - I'd venture you might get $10 for it on a good day. Maybe more if someone wants a reminder for warding off pellagra or ricketts...

o

I should have clarified this....I call them drop downs even thought they are not. But anyway, These type of things usually go for 100+ i just want to find another one online for more info

o

Do you have an antiquarian map/book/ephemera dealer near you? Just from surfing around the internet for 1940's wall charts and hangings, it seems the "expensive" ones are colored, linen backed with no separations in the backing, and not full of wrinkles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here