Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identifying lamp

Posted by hurkamur1 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 6, 11 at 1:33

Does anyone know anything about this lamp? age?
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identifying lamp

Looks like a new lamp in a store to me.

o

The picture is of a shiny dark blob.

It's not identifiable.

o

Hahaha, i didn't buy it.It was at a local Salvation Army. The shade is obviously new.I realize it's probably not considered antique or even collectable, i just thought it was cool looking. The hardware looks 1970s, but the style looks 60's to me. Sorry for poor picture i took it on my phone. lazygardens, It sounds like you may need to adjust the contrast on your computer display. Does anyone know of a good forum to help identify mid-century modern dishes and furniture?

thanks,
jason

o

The wire gauge and plug type will tell you a bit too. It is cool, but crying for a nicer shade!

KarinL

o

I think it is cool, too and would probably buy it-leave them the shade, though! ;)

It looks like it was rewired also, but if not, I would have that done. It would look great with MCM style furnishings.

o
any chance...

Did you go back and get this lamp? I still think it would be fun with a different shade!

o

@cyn427 no :( it was gone when i went back to get it.

o

I would leave it.... It cries... chrome, black, and glass.... maybe late eighties!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here