Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Royal Doulton Rare Colour Coaching Biscuit Barrel

Posted by noordy (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 22:15

Hi all i have just brought a R D coaching day biscuit barrel in the very rare sunset color ,it is not like the normal biscuit barrels as they are rounded at the top and bottom this is strait from the top to the bottom ,has the R D stamp for about 1902--22 the enps top is larger then the normal biscuit barrels .About 22 cms high to the top of the handle & 13 for the barrel itself & is 13 cms wide,could it be a ice barrel ?
can anyone help with this ,price and what is it exactly ??
Kind regards
jj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Royal Doulton Rare Colour Coaching Biscuit Barrel

Earthen ware or Bone China?
Looks like it could be an ice bucket.....have you seen the site I have linked?

Here is a link that might be useful: Coaching days

o

Hi Lindac THANKS but yes i have seen this web page "its a very good site all credit to Bruce> but there is nothing like it on there ,and i can not find any refrance that there were any ice buckets were made in the coaching series ware . so the hunt gos on .lol

o

I can't find a picture of anything that looks like that....nor any reference that RD made an ice bucket.
The shape is right for a tobacco jar....but I can't find a picture with a silver lid.
It's a great piece....whatever it is. But since it was molded you know there is another somewhere.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here