Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kohn & Sons Dining Set

Posted by TexBren (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 21:59

Hi:

I just purchased an antique dining set and I am trying to locate some info on it. I think it is probably 20s or 30s, because of the large carved legs, but I maybe wrong. I'm new to antiques - except the liking of them.

Anyway, on the underside of the table tob is a stencil that says S. Kohn & Sons Furniture. There is also a paper tag attached to the table base at the top that has some numbers and some words that I can't make out and the words furniture store.

If any one knows any thing about S. Kohn & Sons Furniture, please let me know. I will try to get a photo of the table, chairs and sideboard posted by tomorrow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kohn & Sons Dining Set

There is info all over the internet on S. Kohn and sons, a furniture manufactory located in Cleveland, Ohio. Here is one link you might enjoy reading. They've been at it for quite awhile and we'd love to see a picture of your set.

Here is one link with some personal history on its founder Solomon Kohn and below is another link about the store.

http://books.google.com/books?id=X4AUAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA459&lpg=PA459&dq=s.kohn+and+sons+furniture&source=bl&ots=kKqO9YbDgX&sig=krp4h45flWI9sTEM6-Eot8UptMo&hl=en&ei=Dz8kTpDKFML50gGJuOm9BA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAzgK#v=onepage&q&f=false

Here is a link that might be useful: S. Kohn and Sons

o

Thanx Calliope:
You were a real help.

BrenTex

o

I finally have some photos of the dining set. I would really appreciate any information (approx. date, etc) that any one might have.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dining Set

o

You have great taste!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here