Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you know what style this antique chair is?

Posted by my3dogs (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 19:22

This is an x-post from the Decorating forum, where they suggested I try over here. Thanks for any help you can provide. I want to refresh the finish and re-upholster it, and would like to search for appropriate fabrics, although I have seen similar done in a simple linen.

Except for lacking the 'mouton' legs and feet, it's very similar to some 'os de mouton' chairs I've seen online. I know I've seen this style - is it one of the Louis? Its dimensions are - Depth is 25"; it's 25" wide along front of chair; seat is 18" from floor.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's a bit reminiscent of this one posted at Cote de Texas recently, to the right of the fireplace.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you know what style this antique chair is?

Well, I'd be inclined to call it Jacobean Revival.

o
RE: Do you know what style this antique chair is?

Thank-you, Chibimimi!

I had seen several in the various Louis styles that were close, but when I looked up images for Jacobean Revival, I came up with this one linked below, which is the closest I have seen.

You help is very much appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: Large late 1800's Jacobean Revival arm chair

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here