Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3 Decanter tantalus?

Posted by valmont325 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 24, 12 at 18:40

I picked this beauty the other day, but cant find any info on this exact one. All of the tantalus's that i have found do not have other shelves, and no reflective backing. I came with a lock (to lock the glasses up) lock says "Walsco" and i know they are an old well known mini lock co. The whole thing itself weights a good 12+lbs, but that's all i know. Any ideas on value or make?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3 Decanter tantalus?

It does have a reflective back. I see the reflection of your hands.

o

Yeah i know....i said the OTHERS i found do NOT have that.

o

The lock does not look like it belongs to me.....and of course the design is very unusual as you say.
How big are the bottles? Could it possible be a cave a liquor with the glasses missing and the lock replaced?
Linda C

o

Bottles are estimated 8 1/2" (h), 2 1/2" x 2 1/2

Its possible it could be a cave a liquor. Mine appears to be used to Hang on the wall and or sit upon a table.

o

That lock appears to be an ordinary modern, low cost, padlock. Not enough detail to tell. Its possible the original did not have a lock, but had provision for the owner to add his own lock as desired. From a design viwepoint, an original lock would have had a brass colored body to match the other brass parts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here