Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
do you know what this is

Posted by darkjesus36 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 17:49

i am not sure but i bought this at a garage sale and thought it was cool and antique,so if you have any idea what it is please let me know.it is a small copper vase with the luchon coat of arms and two four leaf clovers on it. look close and see the detail in this piece.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: do you know what this is

Luchon in France is a spa with thermal baths. This could have been either something to use in the baths or a souvenir. The water fountain on the crest would tie in with this ... but the shamrocks have me stumped!

o

It's a souvenir of someone's trip to France.....how big is it what does the bottom look like.
Doesn't look "antique" to me at all....just sort of vintage.

Maybe you could romance it and say it was a litle thing Lance Armstrong picked up when he did his first Tour de France.

o

Those aren't shamrocks but clover, seen in vast expanses of this area. Forage for herds.

o

4 leaf clover too, for good luck! Clover where I'm from was 3 leaved but we often found 1 with 4 leaves & pressed it in a book & when "dry" displayed it in our rooms or on corner of pic frame inside with the photo of someone we liked.

o

here is another pic of the copper vase so tell me what you think now.it is about 4 1/4 inches or so tall with about 3 or so in width around base and about 1 1/4 inch opening at top.

o

What does the bottom look like? any sign it was ever part of something else?

o

I think Linda pegged it accurately straight off the bat. It's simply a souvenir, maybe vintage, not antique and of very modest value.

o

yes it was part of a set of some kind and her daughter had the other pieces she thinks.the bottom has no stamps or marks of any kind.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here