Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vintage Appliance Restoration Services

Posted by manderson (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 16, 08 at 17:40

I have two, 1940's vintage, O'Keefe & Merritt stoves. I use one of them daily, the other was (initially) for parts, however; it is complete, but in need of a lot of repair and cleanup. The one I use in my home is clean, in pretty good shape, but is missing some components, and needs some minor repairs.

This brings me to my question, I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and am looking for companies in Texas (hopefully in the DFW area), who are in the business of restoring and revitalizing old appliances. I'm looking for them to do everything from re-porcelaining and re-chroming components, to reworking the burners, thermostats, etc... Basically a complete overhaul.

I have found a few companies online who offer these services, but all seem to be in Georgia, California, or other faraway places. The restoration is likely to be an expensive proposition to begin with, so finding a local company would at least keep the shipping costs down...

If you know of a company, please forward on their name, and if possible their contact information (web searches have had limited results). Any advice that anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated...!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vintage Appliance Restoration Services

Try Craigslist.

o

One place to try is Arrow Appliance in Arlington. Number is 817-860-1336. They used to have a show room of vintage appliances next to Campo Verde resturant. There are a couple of places in Dallas that repair porcelain and change colors but I know none that restore vintage appliances. If Arrow no longer restores appliances, perhaps they can reccomend some one.

o

Thanks for the info thus far... will give both a try

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here