Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A couple old vases - worth anything?

Posted by lydia1959 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 14:52

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

These belong to my friend's aunt that is moving. Could the tall one be a Roseville? The number looks like 670 to me. The blue glass vase is unmarked.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A couple old vases - worth anything?

The green-ish one is "Roseville-esque"...art pottery of the same era...but not Van Briggle nor any of the other big names.

Very nice vase...I can see it full of daisys, or tulips or zinnias...
The glass I believe....for what I can see...is a repro of a carnival glass piece....it appears thick with prominent mold marks and little detail...is that right?
Worth...? Not much for either....but the green vase, I like....a lot!

o

I haven't seen these pieces in person, but it does look like the blue glass does have prominent mold marks, especially on the base.

Thanks for your help, I have sent your reply to my friend.

o

The green one is McCoy and maybe worth about 25-30 dollars. It's called McCoy vellum.

o

Found some of those on eBay Javaandjazz.. sure does look like that could be it. Thanks!

o

So....that sent me on an internet stroll! LOL! And I learned a lot....Brush pottery, Brush-McCoy and McCoy...different stuff, different eras....but closely related.
I think the green vase is Brush-McCoy.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: History of brush mcCoy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here