Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chuffle

Plate Hanger Info Needed

chuffle
10 years ago

I hope that I am posting this plea for help in the correct forum!

I have a series of decorative 10 inch plates that I would like to hang on the wall of my den. In the past (perhaps five years ago or so), I have bought the Bulldog Hardware brand brass wire, spring loaded plate hangers at WalMart, and have never had an issue with placing the hangers on the plates, or in having them pop off of the plate, due to the high tension of the spring.

This week, I bought eleven of the Bulldog brand hangers, in the correct size for 10-inch plates, and found that the springs are now so strong, that not only is it difficult in stretching the hanger tabs over the edges of the plates, but the tension causes the wire hanger to pop off of the plate, as soon as I have it attached.

It seems that between the high tension of the spring, and the gauge of the wire brackets, the hangers do not easily conform to the back of the plates, especially if the plate has a curved or deep rim. These new hangers definitely have a mind of their own!

Has anyone here used plate hangers, and would have a recommendation for quality ones that will work the way that I would like them to (and the way that they should)? I really would like to get these plates on the wall, and was primed for the chore today, only to end up frustrated.

Thanks loads,

Joe

Comments (3)