Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rubantin

Identification of Inherited Glassware

rubantin
12 years ago

My mother passed a few years ago and willed me a lot of stuff. I have around 30 pieces of this glass. My brother said it was fenton. I do not find anything similar to it though.

Any ideas?

here are some pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65442985@N07/with/5958346428/

Comments (10)

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

The pattern on plate looks like Lariat,Blank 1540, A.H. Heisey & Co. with those loops but didn't think they stuck up quite that much. The goblet is different shaped than the Lariat ones but they may have had several shapes. The footed compote isn't Lariat, as Lariat has loops all around. No years of production were mentioned "Elegant Glassware of the Depression Era by Gene Florence

• lindac
    12 years ago

I am confused....is the glassware etched, or just very dusty?
    The gardenia dish is Lariat....can you see a mark on the bottom? Should be a diamond with an H inside.
    The goblet may be lariat....I can't see the stem that well.....and the compote is not.
    Lariat was made in both pressed and blown. They both have the signature loop around the edge or down the sides of some pieces, but the stem on the pressed pieces is different and they are heavier....and less expensive. And some Lariat was etched or decorated in another way.
    What else of that glassware do you have?

• rubantin
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I just uploaded some more pics. They were dusty. I also noticed 3 mold/ridge marks on the glass where they had been formed if that helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Glassware

• lindac
    12 years ago

You've got 3 things going on....pictures 12 through 18 are one pattern, not Lariat....and may well be Fostoria, Imperial or another glass of the period.
    The engraved goblets are something else....think they would be called iced tea glasses, then there is that gardenia dish in Heisey Lariat.
    Linda C

• rubantin
    Original Author
    12 years ago

ok... I see the "tea glass" thing. So I have tried to seperate the other 2 styles... I now have all the goblets together. And I have the other style together..

Here is a link that might be useful: Glassware

• lindac
    12 years ago

Now I am seeing stuff you didn't show before...wines, sherbets and water goblets in some pattern that I can't see well enough to tell if it's the same as all the serving dishes. 6 of 3 and 5 of another.
    Plus those etched goblets which are another pattern altogether...
    AND....that Lariat gardenia bowl.
    OK?

• rubantin
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ok.. got one more try with the goblet pattern... By The Way... I found 3 medium sized plates that match the others too... Is any of this worth anything?

Here is a link that might be useful: Updated Link

• lindac
    12 years ago

Ok...I think I know what it is....it's Century by Fosteria....circa 1950.
    Of course it's worth something, its' fine crystal! But ti seems to be a drag on the market on eBay....likely due to the cost of shipping. You should have an average of $10 to $15 a piece for the stuff. Lots more for some of the serving dishes and the goblets, but less for the sherbets as no one seems to want them.
    If you really want to sell it, find a dealer who will give you say $250 for the lot....or find a consignment shop and price it out to them.
    Or keep it and use it....or give it a piece or 2 at a time as a wedding gift...
    It's very nice!
    Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: century

• rubantin
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thank you... any idea on the ice tea things?

• lindac
    12 years ago

I can't see the whole of the iced tea glasses to tell....perhaps send a picture to replacements and ask.
    Linda C