Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
attaching old piece of moulding to wall

Posted by ladyjinx (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 23, 09 at 11:53

I picked up a pretty piece of old moulding I'd like to attach to a wall, and use as a shelf of sorts. Is there a way to attach, or hang it, without making holes in the front of the piece? Is construction glue the only solution?
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: attaching old piece of moulding to wall

Try looking in the picture hanging section of the hardware store, find the saw toothed ones that you would attach to a frame in order to hang the picture. That should do the least amount of damage..

o

Thanks for your reply. We did in fact go to the picture framing section of our local home improvement store, but found something different! It's a picture hanging system of 2 brackets (they look like strips of metal to me!) You attach one to wall, one to item to be hung, and the 2 pieces of metal fit into each other. Nothing visible! We purchased the large one which will hold up to 200 lbs for my piece of molding - great! Went back to store to purchase 2 smaller ones to attach other old items which had ugly old nails or screws showing! Not too expensive either!

o

I forgot about that kind! Glad to see that everything worked out for you.. Thanks for posting the outcome!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here