Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strawberry Fair Johnson Brothers Coffee Pot

Posted by dancingbutterflies (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 3, 11 at 10:47

Hi, I have a perfect coffee pot I would like to sell. I wondered if anybody has a history of this pattern or an idea of value? I know it was bought in the late 1960s :)

Thanks Hayley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strawberry Fair Johnson Brothers Coffee Pot

Look at Replacements, Ltd.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Thanks but I have already looked on there and it says it is worth $749.95! That seems just a little pie in the sky LOL

I was wondering if anybody had a more realistic idea of its value?

o

There's one on eBay for $249.50 or close....it's in the UK so shipping would be an issue.
I think I may be in love with that pattern!!!!
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Coffee pot

o

The pattern is fab isn't it?

The one on Ebay in the UK is mine :)

I have ended up taking a guess and have put it on at a third of replacements.com with best offer and international insured shipping. Now I will just wait and see if anybody shows any interest.

I just wish I had owned a tea pot in this pattern not a coffee pot else I wouldn't have needed to sell it. I don't drink coffee! LOL

x

o

Gosh, I would use it for tea in that case, and I would make a darling tea cozy for it too, Butterfly!

o

Not to be a total crank, but if you'd already been to Replacements, why not say so in the first post? Did you submit it to them and what did they offer?

o

Sorry, I should have done! To be honest I had looked and found replacements and also somebody trying to sell one for $995. I dismissed both of them because they just seemed insanely high. In fact all the items they were selling seem very high to me. I can't submit the item to replacements because I am in the UK.

I guess I was hoping for somebody who has perhaps had one and actually sold it or knows something about this pattern to give a realistic idea as to value :)

Thanks for all your help x

o

It is a gorgeous pattern! I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a coffee pot, but it is lovely, I wish you the best with your sale of it!
Suzan J

o

I wouldn't pay that kind of money either, partly because I'm always on the prowl for a good bargain and partly the need to be budget conscious because of the economy. But I agree, it's a very pretty pattern, I wouldn't mind having a whole set of it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here