Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dancingbutterflies

Strawberry Fair Johnson Brothers Coffee Pot

dancingbutterflies
12 years ago

Hi, I have a perfect coffee pot I would like to sell. I wondered if anybody has a history of this pattern or an idea of value? I know it was bought in the late 1960s :)

Thanks Hayley

Comments (9)

• Ideefixe
    12 years ago

Look at Replacements, Ltd.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• dancingbutterflies
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks but I have already looked on there and it says it is worth $749.95! That seems just a little pie in the sky LOL

I was wondering if anybody had a more realistic idea of its value?

• lindac
    12 years ago

There's one on eBay for $249.50 or close....it's in the UK so shipping would be an issue.
    I think I may be in love with that pattern!!!!
    Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Coffee pot

• dancingbutterflies
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The pattern is fab isn't it?

The one on Ebay in the UK is mine :)

I have ended up taking a guess and have put it on at a third of replacements.com with best offer and international insured shipping. Now I will just wait and see if anybody shows any interest.

I just wish I had owned a tea pot in this pattern not a coffee pot else I wouldn't have needed to sell it. I don't drink coffee! LOL

x

• sheilajoyce_gw
    12 years ago

Gosh, I would use it for tea in that case, and I would make a darling tea cozy for it too, Butterfly!

• Ideefixe
    12 years ago

Not to be a total crank, but if you'd already been to Replacements, why not say so in the first post? Did you submit it to them and what did they offer?

• dancingbutterflies
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry, I should have done! To be honest I had looked and found replacements and also somebody trying to sell one for $995. I dismissed both of them because they just seemed insanely high. In fact all the items they were selling seem very high to me. I can't submit the item to replacements because I am in the UK.

I guess I was hoping for somebody who has perhaps had one and actually sold it or knows something about this pattern to give a realistic idea as to value :)

Thanks for all your help x

• sjarz
    12 years ago

It is a gorgeous pattern! I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a coffee pot, but it is lovely, I wish you the best with your sale of it!
    Suzan J

• moonshadow
    12 years ago

I wouldn't pay that kind of money either, partly because I'm always on the prowl for a good bargain and partly the need to be budget conscious because of the economy. But I agree, it's a very pretty pattern, I wouldn't mind having a whole set of it!