Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jod2020

Does anyone know who did this painting ?

jod2020
10 years ago

Hello , I have this painting for about 15 years got it at an estate sale back then. It is signed but cant figure it out also has a number underneath signature. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.. ;)

Comments (7)

• calliope
    10 years ago

Is it an actual oil or acrylic? Or a print/litho/gyclee? I'm asking ebecause the number usually indicates a run of copies authorised by the painter or whomever owns the copyright. That would make it a limited edition. Can you get a close-up of the signature? It may also be an original and that is the date. It appaers to be the Grand Canal in Venice, the buildings are familiar. Of course that is a popular tourist site and this painting my be a modestly priced souvenir original by an artist who makes his wages doing them for tourists. It's rather common in Europe.

• daituom
    10 years ago

I agree totally with calliope. Possibly a " grand tour " souvenir of The Grand Canal. What is the signature and what are the numbers. Check the back for any labels. Also, take a pic of the back for us.

• duluthinbloomz4
    10 years ago

Not dismissing it in any way, but it says "starving artist" to me. We, in our earlier days, went to many of these sales set up in hotel ballrooms - Venice and the Grand Canal, as well as Paris street scenes with the ubiquitous Eiffel Tower, were always popular subjects with many variations on a theme.

Of course, if I'm wrong I'll gladly eat my words.

• jod2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the signature on the lower left front corner.. Thx for the quick responses, ;)

• jod2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is another painting by F.CRANE. Got it like 14 years ago also ...;). Thanks. Again

• jod2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is acrylic, I believe. Here is a pic of the back its on canvas. Thanks. Again. ;)

• jod2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello again does anyone recognize the painter of the first picture here? Thanks ....;)