Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calling Linda C. Pics!

Posted by newdawn1895 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 19, 09 at 9:07

Linda I know that you are very knowledgeable when it comes to antiques. My sister bought this dresser and twin bed room set. And she would like to know if I could get any information on it. You came to mind immediately . Any information would be appreicated.

Thanks so much.

....Jane

Headboard (Betsy's)

Footboard

Betsy's dresser

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calling Linda C. Pics! 2

If anyone else has any input on these pieces please feel free to add your opinions.

I'm thinking they are from the 40's or 50's would they be art novoe? I'm sorry for the spelling but hope you guys know what I am talking about.

o
RE: Calling Linda C. Pics!

They sort of look 30-ish to me too. But I can't see the whole shape of the pieces well enough to tell. Is that a sleigh bed? Is there a mirror on the dresser? Dovetailing? What does the back look like? Can you get a clear picture of the wood and that beading?
It looks like either burl walnut trim on flame maple or maple veneer on walnut...hard to tell from the pictures.
Is there a maker's mark anywhere? What do the insides of the top drawers look like?
Can you see by looking at that chip on the drawer front if it's veneered or not?
Gotta learn to be a detective sometimes! LOL!
Pretty set at any rate!
Linda C

o
RE: Calling Linda C. Pics!

1910 - 1930s - the ornate applied moldings and multi-toned wood was popular approximately then. Not Art Deco or Art Nouveau ... just one of the mixed-style designs manufacturers concocted.

Looks like a nice set!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here