Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tigerdmw

I have these 2 beautiful pieces and need information

Tigerdmw
12 years ago

I inherited these two beautiful pieces that were my Great Grandmothers. I've had them about 4 years now but my home is small and I just don't have the space to keep them any longer. Can anyone give me some information on what they are? I've looked at what feels like a million pictures of Italian and French pieces but don't know the details to decide which type they are. Given my Great grandmother's heritage, I'm leaning toward Italian but would love to know for sure.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Here is a link to pictures: http://ImageEvent.com/roskovalley/itemsforsale

Comments (12)

• lindac
    12 years ago

You're right probably Italian.

• calliope
    12 years ago

What a beautiful piece! This is off the wall, but I chuckled when I saw the reflection of the dog in the mirror. What breed is it?

• centralcacyclist
    12 years ago

Pretty pieces! I have no info to share about those but the dog looks to be a Rat Terrier!

• lazy_gardens
    12 years ago

1920s or 1930s veneered dresser and buffet in a European influenced style. The veneered curved piece was possible because of the aircraft industry's work in steam molding shapes.

Mass produced, but they are becoming rare if in good condition.

• Tigerdmw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for your help. Yes the dog is a rat terrier. Her name is Tori and she is a Grand Champion. We raise and show Rat Terriers. She is 6 now and retired (as you can see by her new retired figure), and a real joy to have around! While I don't know much about antiques, Rats I KNOW! LOL

• sjarz
    12 years ago

Calliope did you see the other dog checking out the little fella? That is priceless!
    Beautiful furniture, seems a shame not to keep it in the family, but I know that can become burdensome especially when the next generations don't see it as something of value.
    Suzan J

• calliope
    12 years ago

She was just admiring her own reflection, wasn't she? I thought she was a rattie. My friend has four of them, and I can see where she'd be a champion.

• antiquesilver
    12 years ago

I like photo #4 where the big dog is peeking around the corner & the rattie reflection seems to be staring straight at him.

• calliope
    12 years ago

OMGosh...........when Suzan mentioned the other dog, I went back to the photos and looked and completely missed it when I was actually looking for it. LOL. There is another dog, and it is B-I-G. Sort of like trying to find the hidden object.

• lindac
    12 years ago

Could it be a "rottie" and a "rattie"? LOL!
    And I think it's obvious which is boss dog!

• centralcacyclist
    12 years ago

A Rat Terrier is always the one in charge. :) I had one for a few years. She was a hoot.

• Chloe1254
    12 years ago

I have a dresser in somewhat the same style, from the 1920's I believe. The legs and wheels are exactly the same. My dresser is split matched birdseye veneers and inlays but with a solid top and I see yours is veneered on the top. Nice piece.
    I love your mirror - it's really gorgeous!
    My vote for the big doggie is Great Dane.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH