Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kbbgmb

Moving G-MA, Library Table??

kbbgmb
12 years ago

I am moving my grandmother to a retirement community and she has an old library table that she is stating is an antique/collectible that she needs to sell. I have no clue on what it is, how old it is, nor do I know what something like this is worth. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have pictures that I can email, I did not know how to post them to the forum.

Thanks Travis.

Comments (11)

• kbbgmb
    Original Author
    12 years ago

{{gwi:1385666}}
    {{gwi:1385666}}

• lindac
    12 years ago

There are directions in a post on this forum. you need a site to "host" your photos, then you can post the html in the body fo a message here and it will appear.....or post the url in the optional link when you preview your message.

• kbbgmb
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Picure.

Here is a link that might be useful: Library Table

• Fori
    12 years ago

Would it be rude for me to send you back to take more pictures? I can't figure those out for some reason. I see a drawer but I can't tell up from down on the rest of it.

• centralcacyclist
    12 years ago

It is too covered with clutter to really see well. It looks like it might be a Mission style oak piece?

Look at the link I found.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mission oak library table.

• lindac
    12 years ago

Looks very like the piece barnmom posted. Worth about the same amount, unless you can find a stamp of plate with a maker's name on it....like Stickley.
    Linda C

• User
    12 years ago

Look all over the table for maker's marks. the difference in price between a well-known brand and an unmarked piece is hundreds of dollars.

... and please take some better pictures.

Back up far enough to get the whole table in and give us a full front, full side and closeups of the drawer construction.

• kbbgmb
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here is the only picture i currently have. I will go over this weekend and take more detailed pics. I have looked all over for some markings, but i am unable to find any.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Picture

• kterlep
    12 years ago

Travis, that's cute. I would guess it is "homemade." What town is it in?

• kbbgmb
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It is located in Kansas.

• lindac
    12 years ago

I really don't believe it's "homemade",
    It's a typical mission oak library table.