Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moving G-MA, Library Table??

Posted by kbbgmb (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 15, 11 at 8:53

I am moving my grandmother to a retirement community and she has an old library table that she is stating is an antique/collectible that she needs to sell. I have no clue on what it is, how old it is, nor do I know what something like this is worth. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have pictures that I can email, I did not know how to post them to the forum.

Thanks Travis.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moving G-MA, Library Table??

o

There are directions in a post on this forum. you need a site to "host" your photos, then you can post the html in the body fo a message here and it will appear.....or post the url in the optional link when you preview your message.

o

Picure.

Here is a link that might be useful: Library Table

o

Would it be rude for me to send you back to take more pictures? I can't figure those out for some reason. I see a drawer but I can't tell up from down on the rest of it.

o

It is too covered with clutter to really see well. It looks like it might be a Mission style oak piece?

Look at the link I found.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mission oak library table.

o

Looks very like the piece barnmom posted. Worth about the same amount, unless you can find a stamp of plate with a maker's name on it....like Stickley.
Linda C

o

Look all over the table for maker's marks. the difference in price between a well-known brand and an unmarked piece is hundreds of dollars.

... and please take some better pictures.

Back up far enough to get the whole table in and give us a full front, full side and closeups of the drawer construction.

o

Here is the only picture i currently have. I will go over this weekend and take more detailed pics. I have looked all over for some markings, but i am unable to find any.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Picture

o

Travis, that's cute. I would guess it is "homemade." What town is it in?

o

It is located in Kansas.

o

I really don't believe it's "homemade",
It's a typical mission oak library table.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here