Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mystic47

Chandelier- Any Value?

mystic47
13 years ago

Hi all,

I posted this in decorating by mistake.

I bought a furnished house and the previous owner seemed to buy very good furniture. Ex - Century Sobota, Jordan Brown outdoor etc. She had this chandelier, I would assume for many years and I would like to sell it.

How can I tell if it's an expensive one or not? Can anyone help. I know nothing about crystal chandeliers.

Thanks

Pat

Comments (7)

• texasredhead
    13 years ago

Just curious, why do you want to remove the chandelier?

• lindac
    13 years ago

It looks lovely to me....and I also wonder why you want to remove it
    I suggest you go to a lighting store and see what you can find that is similar....and halve or even take more than half off the price and see what you have?
    From your picture I can't tell the quality of the glass....but it looks similar to the one posted.....but you won't get anything like that for it.
    Is it all there? no missing or replaced drops?
    Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: chandeliere

• mystic47
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi and thanks for the replies.
    I live in Florida and want to make more of a tropical statement in this house. I also have a home in NY but I can't use it there.
    Linda - it really does look just like the one in the picture - nothing is missing - all the pieces are here. It needs a good cleaning but the glass is really pretty.
    Maybe I should look for a dealer and get an opinion before I sell it too cheap.
    Thanks for your help.
    Pat

• mystic47
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well....that wasn't so difficult. I think you are right, why not use it. I think I can take it to NY and hang it there. Thanks for thinking it's lovely. Changed my mind fast:)
    Pat

• lindac
    13 years ago

I was remembering my Sister in Law bought a house with a fabulous Venetian glass chandelier and matching sconces in the adjacent hall. She never bothered to take a second look at the fixtures...just said "out! out!" and gave them to the cleaning lady. what she replaced it with isn't nearly as nice.
    So hang hibiscus from the drops...;-) Glad you are keeping it!

• mystic47
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks so much - this is a fascinating newsgroup and I just found it the other day. People on Fodor's were talking about it.

I am redecorating so I will have lots of questions.

Thanks again
    Pat

• jen2006
    13 years ago

I would be able to fit that into a tropical look - sort of a British Colonial Islands look. And believe me, there are A LOT of people today that would give their arm for a nice old fixture like that! They are even hanging them in bedrooms.